There are great needs in Kenya. Please take the time to discover the opportunities there are to reach people in many impacting ways
Sponsor a Child
Sponsor a child who desperately needs assistance from someone who will journey with them, and help give them hope for a better future.
SPONSOR A CHILD
There is a great calling for the support of widowed women, especially in developing nations. Father’s Heart Projects, through the ministry they are building in Kenya, are identifying the widows who are in need of support.
SUPPORT A SCHOOL
Our Past History
We began our journey in 2005 while on a missions trip to Kenya.
It wasn’t difficult to see the need for children in poverty.
Many children do not attend school because their family cannot afford school fees nor uniforms.
Poverty will become their circle of life if these basic needs are not met.
The present classrooms often have 80 children with one teacher.
Primary School Initiatives
Past Primary School History:
• Our first school was comprised of three classrooms and an office.
• Our Second School was built to accommodate up to 500 children.
• Our school has one teacher plus a teacher’s aide to a maximum of 40 students
• We now have a soccer field.
• Cooking facility.
• Limited sports equipment.
• Outdoor gardens for the students to tend and use for their families needs.
• Outdoor washrooms for boys and girls.
• Limited running water for cooking.
A Poverty Solution for Kenyan Children
Helping Disadvantaged Children by a Sustainable Solution – HOW?
• Suppling school uniforms and footwear.
• Text books and school supplies.
• Medical assistance.
• Daily meals.
• Safe living environments.
Providing Hope for Disadvantaged Children
• Since our beginning in 2005 we have been helping disadvantaged children by providing sustainable educational solutions and poverty relief.
• Our classrooms provide adequate space where students are educated from kindergarten through to grade eight.
• Our scholastic achievements are rated in the top five in our district.
• Our home environment solution provides a safe place to live.
• Our teachers engage in sports and play time with the students.
• Our medical camps have helped over 3,000 adults and children.
• Student uniform socks & shoes & undergarments – $26 each.
(2 school uniforms per year)
• School supplies: text books, stationary & pencils – $6 per month.
• Monthly student support: $22 per month.
• Backpacks: $12 each.
• Most urgent need: school construction and medical care.
• Operational costs support.
• Orphan support: $40 per month.
A team of medical experts and volunteers have travelled to Kisumu on 4 different occasions. They perform examinations, distribute medication and purchase medical supplies while partnering with a medical firm in Kisumu. After a strong advertising effort, the team reached over 1000 people in 3 separate areas with the help of the Kondelle Deliverance Church, and worked to organize volunteers, raise money, and provide the facilities for the camps to operate in.
Father’s Heart Projects has a goal to dig a well to supply clean water the primary school and the community with clean drinking water. The well would be a commercial operation to support the school, and requires donations to purchase the equipment to operate the well, as well as to dig the well.
Building a greenhouse at the primary school site would be a great investment in as part of a continuing self-sustainability initiative with Father’s Heart Projects. Having a greenhouse at the primary school site provides fresh fruit and vegetables, and helps with the effect that inflation has on the cost of food.
One of the many challenges surrounding the location of the primary school is the rough roads. This puts a large cost on vehicle maintenance, and wears them out quickly. Covering vehicle costs for Father’s Heart Projects in Kisumu is a constant need.
Made in Africa is an initiative from Father’s Heart Projects to create a self-sustainable community beyond the sponsorship programs of FHP.